Potpourri

A mixture of the spices of life: humor with subtle hints of nostalgia and spirituality.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ohio, United States

These are stories that have appeared in my "History She Wrote column" in the Dayton Daily News or a book titled "A Hike Through History" that I wrote for Third Graders.

Thursday, December 02, 2004

Autopilot syndrome can drive one to distraction

Sometimes I suffer from a brain malfunction. I call it the auto pilot syndrome. It usually happens when I am performing a familiar and repetitive task. My mind seems to think my body can do the task without help, decides to set the body on auto pilot, and wanders off to explore more interesting thoughts. Often it goes on mental errands, looking over the agenda for the day or problem solving. Sometimes it engages in pleasant daydreams. This frequently happens as I am driving. When my brain returns, it begins to question. Where am I going? Am I on the right road? In the right town, even? See the rest of this column at the Dayton Daily News web site: http://www.daytondailynews.com/neighbors/content/localnews/neighbors/warren_index.html Choose the article title "Autopilot syndrome can drive one to distraction" for the complete article.

1 Comments:

Blogger john said...

Hi there. As an aspiring writer myself, I'd like to ask you a question. How did you get your newspaper interested in printing your articles?????????

Please respond at john.r.hinton@fritolay.com

December 2, 2004 at 10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home